Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • Solitaire is one of the most popular computer games of all time, and we went to find the guy who created it.

    接龍是有史以來最受歡迎的電腦遊戲之一,而我們去拜訪了發明這個遊戲的人。

  • Yes, may I help you?

    嗨,有什麼事嗎?

  • Are you the person that wrote solitaire for Microsoft?

    你就是替微軟做出接龍遊戲的人嗎?

  • Yes, but that was a long time ago.

    對,但那已經是很久以前的事了。

  • We gotta talk. Can we come in?

    我們得聊聊,能進去嗎?

  • Great, thank you.

    太棒了,謝謝你。

  • Alright, this is Wes.

    這位是 Wes。

  • I'm Wes Cherry, and I wrote Windows Solitaire.

    我是 Wes Cherry,我幫微軟寫了接龍。

  • I wrote the game in 1988 as an intern.

    1988 年我在微軟實習時,寫了這個遊戲。

  • Internships at Microsoft were really an all-encompassing thing, but I squoze it in there in the few little hours of my free time.

    微軟的實習生有各式各樣的事要做,但我從短短幾小時的空檔中擠出時間來寫了這個遊戲。

  • For those who need a refresher, Solitaire was played on the computer using a mouse.

    給那些需要恢復一下記憶的觀眾們,接龍是一款用滑鼠玩的電腦遊戲。

  • Cards are pulled from the deck in an effort to stack cards in order by suit.

    遊戲進行方式是把紙牌從牌堆中抽出再將紙牌依降冪次序及不同花色排好。

  • And if you won, you got an awesome display of cards cascading towards you.

    如果你贏了,會看到一連串壯麗的紙牌瀑布朝你傾瀉而下。

  • I came up with the idea to write Solitaire for Windows out of boredom, really.

    替微軟寫一個像接龍這樣的遊戲純粹是出於無聊,真的。

  • There wasn't many games right at the time so we had to make them.

    當時沒有很多款遊戲,所以我們得製作遊戲。

  • In the mid to late '90's was just when people started really getting computers in their home.

    90 年代中期到晚期正好是人們開始擁有家用電腦的時代。

  • Microsoft officially said that Solitaire was there to teach people how to use the mouse.

    微軟的官方說法是接龍這個遊戲是用來教人們如何使用滑鼠。

  • But, in reality, it was just really just something to have fun with.

    但事實上就只是為了好玩而已。

  • Before they ever released Windows, of course Bill Gates got a shot at it.

    在他們發表 Windows 作業系統前,Bill Gates 當然也試玩了這個遊戲。

  • His biggest complaint was that Solitaire was too hard to win.

    他對接龍遊戲最大的抱怨就是難度太高,難以獲勝。

  • And once people figured out the mouse it became a favorite past time.

    一但人們搞清楚該如何使用滑鼠,接龍就變成人們用來殺時間的愛好。

  • The number of hours wasted on Solitaire is really countless.

    浪費在接龍上的時間真的數也數不清。

  • I can say that right after Solitaire was released in 1990, there was a world recession.

    1990 年接龍遊戲發表後,全球景氣就又一次衰退了。

  • So many people were playing it in the workplace that Wes came up with what he called "the boss key."

    因為有這麼多人在工作場所玩接龍,Wes 甚至發明了他稱作「老闆鍵」的熱鍵。

  • Press the special key and a spreadsheet was come up, so it made it look like you were doing real work.

    按下這顆特別的鍵就會跳出一張報表,看起來就好像你真的在工作一樣。

  • But, Microsoft made me take it out.

    但微軟要我把它拿掉。

  • Considering this game has been around for decades, you must have made a ton of money.

    既然這個遊戲已經發行數十年了,你一定因此賺了很多桶金吧?

  • I was not paid, not a single cent.

    他們沒有付我錢,我連一毛都沒拿到。

  • At one time, I said if I only got a penny per copy, I would be very rich.

    有次我說,假設每個版權我都只收一毛錢,我可能已經非常有錢了。

  • So far, only 14 people have made good on that.

    目前為止只有 14 個人實踐了他們的諾言。

  • I'm still waiting for the rest of you.

    其他的人,我還在等你們。

  • Well, you heard the man.

    你們聽到他說的了。

  • Do you still work with computers?

    你還跟從事電腦相關行業嗎?

  • I work with Apple now.

    我現在跟蘋果合作。

  • Apples, actually.

    真的蘋果。

  • And I own a cidery.

    我擁有一家蘋果酒公司。

  • Ah, Wes, there's something behind you.

    Wes,你後面有什麼東西追來了!

  • Wes, run!

    Wes,快跑!

Solitaire is one of the most popular computer games of all time, and we went to find the guy who created it.

接龍是有史以來最受歡迎的電腦遊戲之一,而我們去拜訪了發明這個遊戲的人。

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋