Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • If you're here, you're probably wanting to learn how to think like Sherlock Holmes.

    你正在看這影片,大概表示你對於福爾摩斯式的思考方式有興趣。

  • In the book "Mastermind" written by Maria Konnikiva, Maria says that there are two types of brains that we let control our thinking.

    在 Maria Konnikiva 寫的《偉大心靈》這本書中,Maria 說其實人類有兩種控制思考模式的腦。

  • There's the Watson brain, who is Holmes' sidekick, and there's the Holmes brain.

    其一是福爾摩斯好友華生的華生式思考模式,其二則是是福爾摩斯式。

  • Now, when we fall under rule of our Watson brain, we usually think very emotionally.

    我們經常用華生式思考方式來想一個問題,通常帶有情緒地思考。

  • We also rely on correlation instead of causation; when something is connected to something else, we automatically think that one causes the other.

    我們更在乎事情是否正確而非其中的因果關係,當兩件事情互相有關聯時,我們常常會認為是其中一個導致另一個的發生。

  • Under the control of Watson brain, we also fall victim to biases and fallacies, which I will explain later.

    在華生式思考方式下,我們經常會成為偏見和謬誤的一分子,我稍後再解釋。

  • And the Watson brain is also fast; it runs on stuff like fight-or-flight.

    華生式思考方式很快,仰賴諸如戰或逃想法等事物。

  • And last, a Watson thinker is also subjective and under the influence of their feelings.

    用華生式思考方式的人,是很主觀的,易受自身的情緒所影響的。

  • Now, on the other hand, someone who thinks like Sherlock Holmes is very logical and precise.

    相反的,用福爾摩斯式思考的人非常講究邏輯和準確性。

  • They find causationthey find out which thing cause the other thing instead of just standard correlation; they're also very deductive.

    除了用標準的相關係數做判斷外,他們會真正地找出事情間的因果關係,他們經常用推論的技巧。

  • But the reason there aren't very many Homes brain thinkers is because it's more cognitively costly.

    事實上,很少人會選擇用福爾摩斯式的思考的主因為,它非常消耗腦力。

  • It literally takes more energy to think like this.

    這樣思考需要耗費很多的精力。

  • A thinker like Sherlock Holmes is also objective.

    使用這種思考術的人,得到的結果比較客觀。

  • Now, you, too, can think like Sherlock Holmesyou just have to train your brain.

    現在,你也可以用福爾摩斯式的方式思考,你只需要訓練大腦。

  • Through habits, you can train your brain with deliberate thinking and mindfulness.

    你也可以透過習慣訓練大腦成為果斷且非常謹慎的決策者。

  • This comes with time and practice.

    當然,這需要一點時間和練習。

  • Now, those two things I mentioned earlier: biases and fallacies.

    我剛剛提過的兩件事:偏見和謬誤。

  • A bias is a conclusion and automatic thought that our brain has.

    偏見是一種大腦會自動得出結論的過程。

  • Most of the time, it's even stuff that we are completely unaware ofyou should try to avoid these.

    通常偏見會在不知不覺中形成,你應該盡力避免這些偏見。

  • I will cover these in future videos, so subscribe if you want to see them.

    在之後的影片我會提出更多有關偏見的知識,想知道的話就訂閱吧。

  • And, also, fallacies are flaws in logical thinking.

    在邏輯思考中的謬誤。

  • Stuff like, "If something isn't A and something isn't B, then it must be something in between."

    某事既非甲也非為乙,那麼,它一定是他們中間的值。

  • That's called the "Middle Ground Fallacy".

    這被稱為「中間地帶謬誤」。

  • There are tons of fallacies, and I plan on covering them, too.

    我也計畫在之後的影片中討論更多關於謬誤的事情。

  • Do not fall victim to these flaws and logical thinking.

    小心別在邏輯思考中犯了這些經常出現的錯誤。

  • Now let's move on to mindfulness: What is mindfulness?

    讓我們回到謹慎這一點。

  • Mindfulness is keeping your attention focused on what you're doing right now.

    謹慎是什麼呢?就是專注在自己當下所經歷的一切。

  • It also means focusing on your environment.

    覺察自己周遭的環境。

  • Maria mentions that the mind's nature tendency is to wander.

    Maria 提到,我們的意念經常不在當下,容易飄走。

  • She says that it takes extra energy to not let your mind wander.

    我們要花額外的力氣讓自己的意念專注在當下。

  • You have to use your focus and willpower to stay mindful.

    你必須要有專注力及意志力來讓自己活在當下。

  • Now, when it comes to making deductions, mindfulness is very important.

    保持謹慎並覺察是邏輯推演中非常重要的一部份。

  • Let's say there's a guy that walks in to the room that you're in, and he has a dog hair on his shirt.

    譬如說,剛走進房間的這位男士,他的衣服上有狗毛。

  • Now, when you're mindful, you would say, "Hey, this guy has a dog."

    如果你夠謹慎,你應該會想:這個人應該有養狗吧!

  • However, this is [the] thinking of a Watson thinker.

    但是,那其實是華生式的思考方式。

  • A Watson thinker would say, "Hey, there's dog hair; this guy probably has a dog"⏤that is an example of correlation.

    竟然有狗毛,這個人就應該有養狗吧!這,是尋找相互關係的例子之一。

  • Now, he could've gotten that hair anywhere.

    但,他其實可能在任何地方沾上狗毛的。

  • He could've picked it up at the bus on his way here, he could've picked it up at his friend's house; it doesn't necessarily mean that he has a dog.

    可能是在搭公車回家的時候沾到的,也可能是在朋友家弄到的。這些,都不表示他有養狗呀。

  • To try to find causation and not correlation.

    試著找出背後可能的因果關係,而非只是表面的相互關係。

  • And last but not least, Sherlock Holmes is always learning.

    最後,福爾摩斯總是不斷地在學習的。

  • Even though there is a little passage in one of the books that says, "Holmes has no reason to know if the sun moves around the earth or the earth moves around the sun because it doesn't matter to him."

    儘管眾多書籍中的一段提到:「福爾摩斯沒有理由要知道究竟是太陽繞著地球轉還是相反,因為那對他而言不重要。」

  • "It's not gonna change the way he does business; this is one of Sherlock Holmes' little quirks."

    「那並不會改變他的行事作風。這是福爾摩斯的一個小癖好。」

  • However, he is always stimulating his brain; he's always learning, and he plays the violin.

    他不斷地為讓大腦保持活躍,他無時無刻都在學習,也演奏小提琴。

  • He says that it's easier to stay mindful if you do something that's interesting.

    他說:如果你在做有趣的事情,是比較容易讓自己保持覺察的。

  • This is why he's always smoking tobacco and playing the violin because he thinks it's interesting and it stimulates his brain.

    他覺得吸菸跟演奏小提琴很有趣,所以他經常在做這兩件事。這,也是他保持大腦活躍的方法。

  • So, let's go through an overview of how to think like Sherlock Holmes.

    現在,讓我們在複習一下福爾摩斯的思考方式。

  • First, don't let your mind fall victim to biases and fallacies.

    第一,別讓自己不小心落入偏見和謬誤的陷阱中。

  • Second, try to be as mindful as you can; pay really close attention to what you are doing and the environment that you're in.

    第二,保持謹慎。時時覺察自己正在做的事跟所處的環境。

  • And third, never stop learning; you'll find that life will become a lot more interesting if you are always learning something.

    第三,永遠樂於學習。當你不斷在學習時,你會發現生命其實充滿樂趣。

  • If you combine these three simple steps, not only will you think like Sherlock Holmes, but you'll become extremely successful in your life.

    結合以上三點並加以活用,你不僅能像福爾摩斯一樣思考,還能有超乎想像的有成就。

  • I hope you enjoyed watching this video, and I hope you learned something.

    希望你喜歡這支影片,也學到些東西。

  • If you did, click the "like" button below; it lets me know that viewers are actually enjoying my videos.

    如果有的話,幫我按一下下面的按鈕,我就會知道你真的喜歡啦。

  • Also, I'll be putting out a lot more videos like this, so subscribe for more, and thanks for watching.

    我也會再放上其他相關的影片,所以快訂閱我吧,謝謝觀看囉。

If you're here, you're probably wanting to learn how to think like Sherlock Holmes.

你正在看這影片,大概表示你對於福爾摩斯式的思考方式有興趣。

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋