Placeholder Image

字幕列表 影片播放

已審核 字幕已審核
  • The resume; the dreaded resume, some would say.

    履歷表,有人會說是令人畏懼的履歷。

  • It's all about mind games.

    這都是在玩心理遊戲。

  • I want you to take this resume.

    我想讓你看看這份履歷。

  • This is a real person; we're calling her Jane Doe to protect her privacy.

    這是一個真的人,為了保護她的隱私,我們會稱她為無名氏。

  • What's the first thing, when you're looking at this, that you would immediately change and that jumps out at you?

    當妳看到這個的時候,會想要立即改變的第一個地方、映入眼簾的東西是什麼?

  • First things first is the seven seconds.

    首先,要記得七秒原則。

  • The first seven seconds, when someone is gonna read your resume, will actually influence their opinion.

    當別人看你的履歷時,一開始的七秒其實就會影響他們的看法。

  • So, if you have all of these different fonts and lines and things happening there, you're just getting too distracted.

    所以,如果你有這些不同的字體、線條,以及一些有的沒的的話,你只會變得太讓人分心。

  • So, like, you're gonna be pulling in that direction and then in this direction, and then, ooh, change of font, change of front again.

    所以你會像是把讀者拉往各個不同方向,然後四處改動一些字體。

  • Uh, the location is unnecessary.

    呃,地址是不必要的。

  • What I would center [is] all of this information.

    我會把這所有資訊集中起來。

  • There should beobviouslyher name, her phone number, her email, and then a little blurb that basically summarizes youor Jane, in this case, and her career.

    很明顯地應該有她的名字、電話號碼、電子郵件,然後一小段文字,基本上是總結你(或是 Jane)還有她的職涯。

  • So, the goal of this blurb is for you, in a nutshell, to tell these people why you're such a good fit in a way that you're influencing their behavior.

    所以總括來說,這段文字目的是告訴這些人你為什麼如此適合這份工作,到足以影響他們的行為。

  • You're not telling them, "I'm awesome, I'm ex⏤I'm an expert."

    你並不是在跟他們說:我很厲害、我是一個專家。

  • You're leaving the information there for them to jump to that conclusion.

    你只是填上相關資訊,讓他們自己歸納出那個結論。

  • I was taught: do not let your resume go on to a second page, but here, we have two pages.

    我被教育一件事:不要讓履歷延伸到第二頁,但我們這裡有兩頁。

  • What do you say?

    妳怎麼看?

  • At Jane's career level and your career level...

    到 Jane 還有你的職涯等級⋯⋯

  • Like, if you've been out of college for a few years, you can go with more pages.

    如果你大學畢業好幾年了,就可以用更多頁面。

  • What would you say to her to maximize her incredible experience ofwow, what is thisalmost 17 years at Cedars Sinai?

    妳會跟他說什麼,讓她可以最大化自己在 Cedars Sinai 驚人、近 17 年的工作經驗?

  • Right here, there's just way too much information, too much going on.

    這裡就是有太多的資訊、內容太多。

  • You need to be very succinct and to the point.

    你必須非常簡潔且切入重點。

  • The way our brain internalizes information... you need to tell them what you did, how you did it.

    我們的大腦內化資訊的方式⋯⋯你需要告訴他們你做了什麼、怎麼做的。

  • And then I recommend you put in a couple of key accomplishments that, numerically, give the reader on understanding of the scope of what you did.

    然後我建議你列出幾個關鍵的成績,讓讀者從數字上就可以對你表現的程度有所瞭解。

  • How do we end it? I usually ended with my education.

    那我們該怎麼收尾?我通常會以教育背景結束。

  • You're snarkingwhy? Is that... is that lame?

    妳變臉了,為什麼?那⋯⋯沒說服力嗎?

  • Lame nowadays?

    在現在世界站不住腳?

  • It really is about the experience when someone's reading through your resume.

    當別人在看你的履歷時,重點其實還是在經驗。

  • So, you close with jawith education, they'll probably get that, "Oh, you went to so and so school, or you know, okay, on to the next."

    所以,如果用教育背景收尾,他們可能會了解到你念過某某學校,但會馬上跳下一位。

  • However, if you throw inwhat we usually do is put in an "about me" section.

    不過如果你加上⋯⋯我們通常會加上一個「關於我」的區塊。

  • You're gonna throw your reader totally off guard, and you're gonna tell them something

    你會讓讀者完全措手不及,會跟讓他們知道——

  • Like, what's an example? How far could you go with that?

    可以舉例嗎?可以運用到什麼程度?

  • This woman was applying for a job at Google, and when she was hired, the interviewthe hiring manager, goes to her and says,

    有一位女子應徵了 Google 的工作,她被雇用時,招募經理跟她說:

  • "You know what? You were neck-and-neck with someone else, but what really, kind of, was the deciding factor was the fact that you are into roller derby and you play the accordion."

    「你知道嗎?妳跟另外一個人並駕齊驅,但讓你真正突出的決定要素是你喜歡溜旱冰運動也會拉手風琴。」

  • Like, that completely sealed the deal.

    那完全讓他們拍板定案。

  • And they only knew that because of her "about me" section.

    他們也是因為她的「關於我」才知道的。

  • Yeah, because it was completely different.

    沒錯,因為那完全與眾不同。

The resume; the dreaded resume, some would say.

履歷表,有人會說是令人畏懼的履歷。

字幕與單字
已審核 字幕已審核

單字即點即查 點擊單字可以查詢單字解釋